To establish a partnership with families to support their enrollment in the school and facilitate smooth business operations and maintenance of the school.
Reports directly to the Director.
To include but not limited to
- Answer, screen, and appropriately handle telephone calls.
- Accounts Receivable (post tuition, bank deposits and print parent requested receipts).
- Accounts Payable (prepare billing, distribute monthly tuition bills and petty cash vouchers).
- Update all children's records throughout the school year
- Maintain class lists, emergency cards, medical forms, etc.
- Maintain children's records and files to comply with the Illinois Department Child and Family Services (IDCFS).
- Prepare reports for classroom enrollment, wait list, birthday lists, and others as requested by the Director.
- Enter and maintain waitlist children into EZ Care and distribute information to the Age-Level Coordinator.
- Assist in organizing the transition for the new school year.
- Accept responsibility for intake and processing of new and current families.
- Order children’s food from caterer and milk supplies from vendor.
- Prepare and set up for school functions, photographer; book fairs, parent seminars, or others as needed.
- Periodically conduct price comparisons for competitive prices on supplies and services.
- Shop for building supplies not available through distributors.
- Order maintenance supplies as needed.
- Interface with the IDCFS to comply with licensing regulations.
- Follow through with parents of ill children to ensure they sign necessary forms and understand them before exiting the school.
- Handle repair and maintenance requests and estimates.
- Communicate between staff and contracted services (ie: cleaning service, catering company, exterminator, etc.).
- Responsible for the lobby area appearance and maintenance.
- Forward appropriate requests for equipment, supplies or furnishings to the Director for approval.
- Make suggestions to Director for improvement of school administration
- Provide complete information to the Director regarding all procedures and events so that the Director is well informed of all situations and concerns.
- Receive, process, and distribute mail to appropriate individuals without opening individually addressed mail.
- Route magazines and appropriate materials to Lead Teachers and /or other staff.
- Maintain inventory lists including library entries and new toys.
- Evaluate and monitor all professional and bldg insurance with Director’s approval.
- Assist in whatever capacity is necessary to facilitate the smooth operation of the school.
- Assist the Coordinators and the Director with staffing and arrangement for substitutes.
Mandatory Professional Development
- Maintain current Sanitation Certificate, and currentFirst Aid/CPR certification.
- Attend “all school: staff training day (currently scheduled in June.)
- Attend meetings and conferences of professional organizations, representing the Director, as necessary.
- Ensure front desk coverage by administration for all family activities such as Art & Sensory Festival, Fall Festival, Intergenerational Picnic, Week of the Young Child Activities.
- Attend job related workshops or webinars as requested by Director
- IDCFS licensing standards
- Office management skills with business experience (Early childhood education background is an additional plus).
- Sensitive and mature with the ability to relate well to both children and adults, successfully handling the daily requests of parents, staff and children that are necessary for the smooth operation of a child care facility.
- Willingness to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy and program.
- Cheerful disposition and strong people skills when handling phone and greeting parents and visitors.
- Sufficient maturity, judgment and ability to function in crisis situations.
- A sincere commitment to maintain the highest quality program possible.
- Precise organizational skills.
- Accurate word processing skills and demonstrated skill with computer software and web based programs..
- Accurate spelling with a good working knowledge of English grammar.
- Flexible, stable personality for favorable inter-personal relationships between staff, parents, and children.
- Physical every two years with a TB clearance.
- Ability to lift and carry a 40 pound child to safety.
- Ability to accept full responsibility in absence of Director along with Coordinators, based on education, experience, and credit hours, per DCFS guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor in all situations.
- 40 hours a week or as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Exempt status.