Vocabulary: clap, shake, play, loud, soft
- Down by the Station by Jennifer Riggs Vetter
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider interpreted by Iza Trapani
- Peter Rabbit’s Lullabies by DK Publishers
- Book of Nursery Rhymes by Ian Penney
~ Children demonstrate interest in and comprehension of printed materials.
Creative Expression: Music/Drama
Songs: “Five Little Monkeys”; “The Muffin Man”
“Pat-a-Cake”; “The Wheels on the Bus”
Music: - Play music on CD from different cultures
- Use different instruments to create music
Dramatic Play: Mimic different movements to the rhythm of the music playing on CD
~ Children demonstrate the ability to convey ideas and emotions through creative expression
Science/Social Studies/ Math
Science: On the stroller ride, listen to the birds chirp in the aviary
Social Studies: With the children, sit, kneel, or stand with them as you clap, sing, snap, stomp, jump, dance, etc.
Math: Practice counting as we clap our hands and stomp our feet
~ Children demonstrate interest and eagerness in learning about their world
Physical Development: Movement /Outdoor
- Sing songs to the children on a stroller ride outside (weather permitting)
-Sway back and forth like the wind using colored scarves
-Take musical instruments outside to play on the playground (weather permitting)
~ An opportunity to be aware how objects and people move and fit in space. Also develop language and cognitive skills.
Art Appreciation: Art/Sensory
- Finger paint while the music is playing in the classroom
- Paint with soft colors and bold colors
- Wash our instruments in the sensory bin
- Explore different cultural instruments in the sensory bin
~ Finding their creative ways to make art will inspire children and spark their imagination
Parent Involvement Opportunities:
- If your child has a favorite CD that he or she likes to listen to at home, please bring it in to share with the classroom.
- Play a game of “Floaty Scarf”: fling a scarf in the air and let your child watch it settle or land on their head or the floor
- Sing songs to your child in the car, at the dinner table, in the bath, before bed, etc.