To provide a warm and nurturing temporary replacement for the regularly scheduled staff member.
To include but are not limited to:
- Interact and encourage the children to participate in the activities during the day.
- Help the children manage their behavior using a positive approach.
- Provide nurturing assistance, letting the children do as much as they can independently.
- Talk to the children as much as possible, especially during playtime, mealtimes, and toileting procedures.
- Acknowledge parents at drop off/pick up with a friendly hello and introduce yourself.
- Develop a cooperative and supportive attitude with the school staff.
- Assist in school and classroom maintenance as needed or assigned.
- Assist with the duties assigned by other classroom staff or administrator.
- Verbally report any accidents or injuries to the regular staff in charge of the room (not to parents).
- Assist with light clerical work assigned by administration
Reports to Human Resource Coordinator, and Age-Level Coordinator(s)
Limits of Authority
- Defer to Lead or Assistant Teacher staffed in the classroom. The regularly staffed person is in charge of the classroom and is responsible for issues as they arise.
- Not expected to discipline children under any circumstances with out specific direction from regular staff (if you see 2 children in a conflict, stop the conflict and then get the staff person in charge).
- If parents ask questions about their child, always refer them to the staff person in charge.
- One year of college, one year experience in licensed ece center and 6 ece creditsor 2 years of college with 6 ece credits
- A warm and friendly personality.
- Sensitive to the feelings and needs of others.
- Able to relate well to children.
- Willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy and program.
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability.
- Decision making skills and judgment to handle crisis situations.
- Physical stamina to maintain the rigorous pace of a full-day child care program (including inside and outside activities on a daily basis, year round).
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
- Ability to use appropriate and positive guidance and redirection as needed.
- Dependability: the school must be able to count on sub following through on committed dates scheduled.
- Flexibility: schedule or room placement may change from original assignment.
- Willingness to accept supervision and follow program goals, training manual, staff regulations and personnel policies.
- Ability to lift and carry a 40 pound child to safety.
- A physical every 2 years with a T.B. clearance.
- 3-8 hours per scheduled day depending on school needs.
- May be called in the morning to work on the same day or in advance.
- No guarantee of hours.
- No benefits.