Toddler II Lesson Plan
- Rain helps plants and flowers grow.
- Rain provides the water we drink.
- It rains a lot during spring.
- Rain comes from the clouds.
Group Time Objectives ( Integrated Content Area):
- Talk about what we do when it rains.
- Magnetic board on finding the hidden raindrop.
- Read Who Likes Rain? Have a graph to see who likes the rain and who does not like the rain. Each child will have a chance to pick a happy raindrop if they like the rain or a sad cloud if they do not like the rain.
- Melt crayon shavings on wax paper.
- Drip paint, using a eye dropper on coffee filters
- Rainy day art. After the children color on paper, take the paper outside and have the rain fall on the paper.
- Spray paint on a poster board.
- Eye droppers with vinegar, food color and baking soda.
- Ice mold with squirt bottles filled with warm water.
- Fill the entire sensory bin with cotton balls and a few blue pebbles and containers.
- Flubber and cookie drying rack.
o Water maze with water bottles
Technology, Health and Safety are incorporated throughout the curriculum through daily interaction and planned activity.