April 8th, 2016
- Themed days: Monday: Band Day, Tuesday: Dress like a teacher (children) dress like a toddler (teachers), Wednesday: Painted tee-shirt day, Thursday: Favorite Season Day, Friday: College day (parents included family breakfast day).
- Anna is turning 2 on Saturday, April 2nd 2016. Happy birthday Anna.
- Cheryl Dimer will be on vacation Wednesday April 13th-April 15th. We will have all school floaters in those 3 day
- Themed days everyday next week!
- Bring in your child’s favorite toy! School Announcements
- Family Breakfast on Friday April 15 from 7:30-9:00.
Topic of the Week My Five Senses This week the children learned all about their five senses. The teachers identified throughout the week how they were using each sense. For example, at mealtimes the teachers would say they were using their sense of taste as they tried new foods. The children enjoyed many new snacks this week as we discussed new vocabulary to describe the sense, taste, ex. Savory, sour, sweet, salty, and spicy. During art, the children explored their five senses in a variety of creative ways. The children used their sense of touch to finger-paint on bubble wrap. Some older children would pop the bubble wrap and say, “Did you hear that?” In the sensory table the children enjoyed dancing on contact paper to music. The children also enjoyed exploring our light cube with translucent shapes. The older children would identify the colors they saw. The highlight of the week was the scented glue and tissue paper on poster board. The children loved smelling different items as they explored glue. Tip of the WeekHealthy SnacksYoungsters are more likely to eat nutritious snacks if they choose and prepare them. For example, let your child top yogurt with blueberries or spread almond butter on whole grain crackers. Bonus: Eating a healthy diet helps her feel better and learn better. Quotes “Laughter is an instant vacation.” Milton Berle “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” A.A.Milne Did you know?We have an extensive teachers resource library that is available for our teachers to further their knowledge about early childhood care and education. Next Week: Week of the young childHave a great weekend! Toddler I Staff