RECYCLED GIANT CRAYONS
Do you have lots of broken or too short crayons in your crayon box that you can’t use anymore? Don’t throw them out. These round many-colored crayons are fun to use!
You will need
- Cupcake or muffin tin
- Broken or nearly used up crayons in a variety of colors
- Vegetable Oil
Let's get started!
- Ask an adult helper to preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Carefully remove all the paper labels from the crayons.
- Pour ¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil into each muffin tin.
- Put different colored broken crayons into each muffin cup. The pieces should be no longer than 1 inch in length. The muffin cup should be around 1/3 full.
- Ask an adult to help you place the pan in the oven.
- Watch carefully, but they should start to melt in eight minutes or so.
- When the crayons begin to melt, ask an adult to remove them from the oven and stir them GENTLY with a toothpick. The crayon colors will blend together.
- Let them cool completely.
- After they have cooled, pop them out of the muffin pan by tapping on the backside of the pan. The crayons should fall right out.